Friday, November 9, 2007

Flashback Friday - A Little of This, A Little of That

So when I started the blog I thought I'd update every other day or so - maybe twice a week, definitely at least once a week! BUT my life is so busy that I haven't been able to find time to do that! (I hope to be able to figure out how sooner than later, though.) So when I posted the Halloween slide show I didn't even mention that...

The night before Audrey's Kindergarten class's Halloween Party I was making these treat bags. The other room mom for this party, my friend Cristal, and I had $25 to work with and she took $5 for the games, so I had $20 to work with for treats. I was able to get these cute Halloween bags, and in each one there was a Halloween pencil, a Halloween fruit rollup, and 4 different mini candy bars.
I had 25 made up for all of the kids and one for the teacher, the teacher's aid and one for Cristal. I also had one made for my friend Vicki who wanted to help - and it's a good thing she volunteered last minute because I couldn't go. I was sick, sick, sick with the stomach flu! I must say, I've never been that sick in my life!! I think I threw up part of my small intestine once!!! I was bummed not to make it to help with the party but didn't feel that sad because I go and help in Audrey's class once a week. I was actually very lucky to make it out on Halloween night! (I would have stayed home but Kev was out of town training for a new job - same company - more info. below.) And I felt awful all during Halloween night and many days after. It's been a week and a half and I'm still trying to work solid foods back in.


And here's some fun stuff that's been going on around here...
This is how Kyle looks when he falls asleep on the couch.


And this is how he looks after his sweet big sister puts a blanket over him!


Speaking of sleeping, this is what Kevin has time for on a Friday night now - being with his family. Due to his change from Car Sales to Service Writing at Teton Toyota we actually get to see him in the evenings. This was last Friday Night - movie night WITH Dad! All I can say is yay!


We get to see Kevin every night now instead of trying to catch up on his old days off - Monday or Tuesday and Sunday. (Now he gets most Saturdays off as opposed to none of them!) So he was able to give the boys a haircut the other night after dinner (Which by the way, you guessed it we get to eat dinner with him again!)


Thank goodness Kaden has that lovely miniature toy vacuum to take care of all of the hair!

And guess who is still creating art on his little brother? (Pre-haircut.)


And guess who moved to using himself as a canvas? I wish this was a remorseful face but actually, he just didn't want his picture taken.


Obviously this is not going to be a one time thing like it was with Audrey, so if (when?) he does it again, I'm going to need to do some "Love and Logic" disciplining!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

wow, i did not realize that kevin worked so much in the evenings. that must feel so nice to have him around! looks like you guys have been staying busy:)

wurstens5 said...

Cute halloween pics. I love the little toy vaccum. I'm glad you get to see kevin more. I know what it's like to not have the hubby home for dinner. We used to live 40 min away from Jeff's work so he was never home for dinner. It sure is nice eh??