Thursday, June 4, 2009

Crazy-Busy is what we've been...

Besides finishing up our house so we could move, MOVING, trying to unpack and settle in, and getting ready for a Garage Sale, we have been doing tons of other things...

Audrey had her Dance Recital!

Here she is in her jazz costume for the dance Kung Fu. It was to a song of a mix from the movie Kung Fu Panda and the song Kung Fu Fighting!


It was one of the best choreographed dances I've ever seen. The judges at all of the competitions thought so too. They won almost every award they could at all of them!


I had another dance mom ask me if Audrey wore fake eyelashes! (Nope that's just Mary Kay mascara mixed with her long, thick and fairly dark eyelashes she has.)


Audge and some dance friends posing before the recital!


I love watching Audrey up on stage - and this is one of my favorite parts of the dance - when she holds her leg up!


This is her in the costume for the hip hop dance Jump Up!


Audrey and Savannah doing their hip hop faces!


This was most of the girl's favorite costume and the dance was so cute!

Again, they won pretty much every award they could for it at the competitions!


The ballet dance was so beautiful!

Audrey is so graceful!


Her fan club who came to watch - minus mom, dad and brothers!


Dinner at our new friend's in the ward the Rhineharts!
This is Heather, who I visit teach and her friend Devon who's visiting at the time!


Games after a scrumpcious dinner!


Ky and I had fun playing this home made game!


Audrey and Camilla have become fast friends!


My kids and the Rhinehart girls.
(Their girls and our kids are all the same age. They also have two older boys.)


2nd Grade Program!


Audrey's front and center out of 3 classes!

(I have to make note of this because this is my online journal and one day I want her to know that her music teacher and 2nd grade teacher both thought she had an amazing voice. Also, a handful of people after the program who were in the audience said she was their favorite to watch and listen to.)


Made this for Teacher Appreciation Day and helped with the luncheon and gifts. They deserve it - I know because I was at the school every week and they're great...especially the Principal!!!


Helped at Kyle's Preschool Circus Day!


They all got to do a trick and he jumped thru the Ring of Fire!


Love how they both need to open their mouths to help them cut!


Kyle and Payton were the best of friends! (Shannon, Pay's mom and I are friends so we had fun taking the boys to the Artic Circle with the slides this year!)


Here's some randomness - Kyle put on Kaden's size 2T jeans by accident and they FIT!


Audrey's school carnival was a hit - they loved the face painting!


Kyle wanted to be a Vampire!


Audrey and Maggie doing "The Hansen."


Kev won the bubble blowing contest!

Look who came to visit - cousin and Ivy and Sage with Audrey outside Cafe Rio!


The boys didn't feel like hopping in for the picture but I have to say these are
3 of the best kids on the earth!


I love my brothers to pieces - two of my favorite guys in the world!


Me and the sister-in-laws! I always wanted sisters and they are great!


All of the Anderson clan!

Liam has grown so much!
(Of course he's bigger than Kaden even though he's 4 months younger, who isn't bigger than Kaden?!)


It was so great to meet Davis - what a cutie!


My niece Ivy is all grown up!!!


Sage is quite the little man!


Kyle was so excited to be with Sage - they are only 11 months apart and had a blast together!


Liam and Kaden were two 2 year olds who love to stuff their mouths full - and they had fun playing basketball together too!


Our "MusicFest" started out with Greg and Liam dueting a piano song followed by Greg doing a few solos!


Greg and Audrey did a duet to Twinkle Twinkle Little Star!


Ivy and Sage did an amazing violin duet!


Audrey sang and signed The World is a Rainbow acapella!


My mom's piano and vocal solo made my dad cry - so sweet!


Kaden did a solo on the recorder! Also, not pictured were my vocal solo and Liza' piano solo.
(Too bad Ky was too shy to sing the song he'd been practicing for weeks. He has an amazing voice and knows all the words to any song he's ever learned but he is shy and slow to warm up and hadn't seen my brother's and their fams for quite sometime.)


It was Sage's 6th birthday and he had an Indiana Jones cake!


Liam took to Audrey just fine!


Audrey and Kyle showed him the secret hideout!


It was so fun getting to know Davis - he's got a great personality!


Audrey fell in love with him!


I don't think he minded her either!


Kyle was warming up towards the end of the second day and was interested in Davis too!


Memorial Day Barbecue with the Myers (more new friends in the ward and neighborhood) at our new place!


Audrey singing and signing "The World is a Rainbow" at the School Talent Show -this time with the music.
She was awesome and a lot of parents told me she was very talented! She also told me a lot of her friends and teachers told her she did great. The best thing she told me was that her teacher and the sign language interpreter for the deaf child in her class both said that they almost cried during it. The interpreter said he was very touched when a lot of the audience started doing the signs along with her! That almost brought tears to my eyes when she mentioned it to me!


One mother told me "That girl can sing!" after she was done!
(It was team day at school that day - hence the hat.)
Oh and I have to mention I was very proud of her before they got the right spot on the tape (I had it cued but they rewound it by accident) and kept playing the wrong songs. She just kept laughing and was a trooper at not being embarrassed about it - in front of the whole school!


Kyle had his Preschool Graduation!
That was the only time he had his hat on - 1 second while I sneaked this shot before we left. (There was another kid that wouldn't put their hat on and one little girl that kept asking her mom if she could take hers off every 10 minutes during the program!)


He didn't want to get up with the kids in front for the program but I was patient and helped him up there and after a bit of coaxing (we were there a half hour early thank goodness) he actually stayed there and let me sit down!
I was so proud of him for just being there with the other kids the whole time in front of the 75 people watching!!! There was one other shy boy who never got up until the end just to get his diploma. I couldn't believe Ky did more than that - HE HAS COME SO FAR!


I think Ms. Krista is the best and can't imagine anyone else being able to help Ky this year with opening up and being able to overcome some anxieties!


He knew every song, practiced them every day and never missed a word or note. Although he hardly shared that during the program I was so stinking proud of him just for getting up and trying!
BTW, Ms. Krista told everyone what the kids had said they want to be when they grow up and Ky said: A Cake Baker, A Firefighter, A Dentist, and A Veterinarian.



Afterwards Kev's mom wanted to take us to Perkins for dinner - she takes us after every recital Audrey has and you should of seen Ky's face knowing we were celebrating someting HE did!
Then we went to Subzero icecream because I had told him earlier that day we could go there if he at least got up in front at all for the program! HE WAS STOKED!

12 comments:

Kristy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristy said...

It looks like you've had a very busy but fun couple of weeks. If you have any video of Audrey's dance recital I'd love to see it. I'm really hoping Ryleigh will get into dance when she's older. Right now whenever she hears music she starts dancing to it by bouncing up and down. A couple of weeks ago when we were in church she actually start bouncing to one of the hymns!
-Kristy

A.Pandina said...

Wow so much goings ons! 1st you must post pictures of your new home. That's an order! 2nd your kids are amazing! Audrey is very talents and she just looks so much like you...so much. Keep having fun. :)

Weiss said...

WOW you have been up to a lot!!! where's the pics of the new house? I want to see it. Audrey looks so beautiful for here dance recitals. I wish that I had time for Deandra and Kali to be in dance they would love it!!! We need to plan a trip up there. We miss and LOVE you guys so much!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what an accomplishment to get all those things on one blog. What fun seeing all the photos. We've enjoyed so much being in on most of the kids' "events." But we were out-of-town for the end of school year things. Everyone looks great; lots of fun times. Mom

Sara said...

Wow! You guys have been up to A LOT! Love love love all the pics from the dance recital! I can't wait to sign Katie up for classes!

Becca said...

now that's an update!!! you guys have been super busy!! good luck on getting settled in!!! How exciting!

alli said...

Wow! I can't believe how grown up your kids are. It is so fun to see all of their talents and accomplishments through your blog.

Liza Jane said...

Liam talks about Audrey, Kyle, and Kaden so much since we saw you guys! It was great seeing you guys!

Mel said...

what a post! you HAVE been busy. fun busy though. audrey sure looks like a dancer. she seems to play the parts well!

organicnicole said...

Cute post Annette. Hope you are feeling better.

Lynette said...

Wow...you guys have been busy!! It's fun to see pics of your whole family...time sure flies! I bet Audrey is a great singer, just like you! you need to put a video of her singing on there...we want to hear her too!